1904 The Bailieborough Studio was established by James A. Coleman M.P.P.A. It was one of the largest photographic studios in Ireland boasting glass lighting of 250 square feet controlled by the most up to date methods. It was re-constructed in 1913 and then had an area capable of taking a group of twenty or more persons. Many of the photographs reproduced in this history section are from the ‘Coleman Collection’.
1927 The Hibernian Bank was built on Main St., now known as the Bank of Ireland.
1933 A Vocational School was opened in three rooms of the old Workhouse. It had just three staff and remained in this building until the end of 1938 when it transferred to the Model House. A decision was made to demolish the Model House and erect a New Vocational School on its site. Teachers and students again transferred to rooms in the Model School during the building of the new Vocational School.
1958 St. Ann’s National School (as we know it today) was built and dedicated to St. Ann the patroness of the Parish of Killann. It was a six-room school and has since been extended and modernised over the years.
1964 Lourdesville Secondary School was opened by the Presentation Sisters close to their Convent. They provided education for students up to and including the Leaving Certificate under their Headmistress Sister Christine.
1965 Bailieborough Vocational and Technical School (The Tech) was opened to accommodate 80 pupils and had five classrooms; the then headmaster was Mr Liam Kelly.
1981 Bailieborough Community School was officially opened; it replaced both Lourdesville Secondary School and Bailieborough Vocational School.
1999 Bailieborough Swimming Pool and Leisure centre was officially opened by Dr. James McDaid T.D. He was assisted in the official opening by Mrs Sheila Germaine and Mary and Paddy Kelly, their financial assistance together with community fundraising and Government funding made the project possible. We now have a facility which is the envy of many larger towns in Ireland.
2001 Bailieborough Fire Station was officially opened by Minister Noel Dempsey,it replaced an older fire station on New Road.
2009 Bailieborough Business Centre, Shercock Rd., was officially opened by President Mary McAleese. The building of this modern facility was made possible by a forward thinking committee and Government Funding Agencies. It is a community owned enterprise overseen by a cross community board of directors.
2010 Bailieborough Resource House was the most recent public building erected in Bailieborough.